PBS & PBS Guam/KGTF Channel 12 Are Looking for America’s Most Innovative Educators
Applications accepted December 1, 2015 – February 8, 2016
Are you a digital superstar at your school? If you are creatively integrating digital media and technology in your classroom, apply to the 2016 PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovators Program.
This year-long, free professional development program is designed to foster and grow a community of tech-savvy K-12 educators who effectively integrate digital media and technology to inspire learning.
Apply through February 8, 2016 at guam.pbslearningmedia.org.
All qualified applicants will join the prestigious PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovators Program and receive one year of FREE professional development that includes:
- Virtual trainings
- Access to premium and exclusive resources
- A complimentary PBS Teacherline (org/teacherline) course
- Invitations to special events
- Membership into a robust professional learning community
- Networking and engagement opportunities with peers and thought leaders
From the qualified group of educators, up to 54 Lead Digital Innovators will be selected, representing each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico and the USVI. The Lead Digital Innovators will receive a three-day, all-expense paid trip to Denver, Colorado to participate in the 2016 PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovators Summit on June 25-26, 2016 and to attend the ISTE Conference on June 27. Attendees will hear from renowned speakers and pedagogical experts, learn strategies for delivering classroom-ready best practices in digital learning, and network with like-minded peers.
Who Is Selected?
- Tech-savvy, K-12 educators with a passion for using digital media and technology
- Leaders with a desire to empower their peers and share strategies around digital media integration
- Active sharers of content and ideas through social media
- PBS Education ambassadors that embrace life-long learning and collaboration and recognize the power technology has to inspire students
How to Apply?
- Go to guam.pbslearningmedia.org Register and create a profile.
- Create a 1-2 minute video that describes how you are using digital media and technology.
- Complete the online application and submit.
- Follow the conversation using hashtag #PBSDigitalInnovator
PBS LearningMedia is THE destination that gives PreK-12 educators access to FREE, standards-aligned digital content designed to capture students’ imagination and transform learning in classrooms across America. The site offers over 30,000 curriculum-targeted videos, interactive games, and lesson plans that cover an array of PreK-12 subjects including math, english/language arts, science, history, the arts/culture. Contact Sonia Suobiron at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-5483 for assistance.