Gathering and Use of Information
1. We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis.
2. In order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with the following:
—contest or sweepstakes registration;
—subscription registration for sites or services which require subscription (such as e-mail newsletters);
—requests for membership information;
—transactions on PBS GUAM membership secure web pages;
—content submissions, community postings (i.e., forums, blogs or bulletin boards), comments and suggestions, or voting.
3. PBS GUAM will not willfully disclose your personal information to any third party without first receiving your permission.
4. PBS GUAM may use your personally identifiable information for activities explained above, for internal and marketing promotional purposes only. PBS GUAM will not share such information with any third parties without your prior approval.
5. We will always explain the extent of its use at the time you are asked to provide personal information. If you do not want this information to be collected or used by us for these purposes, you can simply “opt out.” Under certain circumstances, opting out may prevent your participation in activities for which personal information is needed, as in contests.
As you explore the PBS GUAM website, it is possible that several cookies* will be set on your computer. PBS GUAM may use the information from cookies to deliver relevant local resources, remember browser preferences, and improve our visitors’ experiences on the site.
No personal information is stored in a PBS GUAM cookie, even if you have entered your name or e-mail address on other parts of PBS GUAM.org and/or any other PBS GUAM website. PBS GUAM does not sell information collected by cookies nor use the information for commerce-related purposes. In addition, PBS GUAM will not filter content based on your preferences without permission.
—If you go to pbs.org from the PBS GUAM website, and you were not previously localized to a station, you may be automatically localized to PBS GUAM.
—If you watch a video clip or listen to an audio clip on PBS GUAM.org, a cookie may remember which media player (such as Real Player, QuickTime or Windows Media Player) and which type of clip (high or low bandwidth) you prefer to use on your computer. You can change your video and audio preferences at any time, or choose a player each time you view or listen to a clip.
—If you watch a video clip or listen to an audio clip on kmsq.org, a cookie may remember which media player (such as Real Player, Flash, QuickTime or Windows Media Player) and which type of clip (high or low bandwidth) you prefer to use on your computer. You can change your video and audio preferences at any time, or choose a player each time you view or listen to a clip.
—A cookie will tell us which pages you visit and the amount of time between each page visit. This cookie does not remember any information about you or your computer; it simply helps us monitor site usage and traffic; for example, it allows us to measure the number of repeat visitors to pbsguam.org in a given month.
*What is a cookie? A cookie is information a website puts on your computer’s hard drive so that the site can remember your preferences or which pages you visited on that site.
A Special Message about External Links
PBS GUAM provides links to other websites for informational purposes only, and in some instances for the convenience of our users. PBS GUAM is not responsible for the content in other sites, and links from the PBS GUAM website(s) to other sites are not intended, nor do they imply endorsement of them by PBS GUAM. PBS GUAM encourages users to carefully select the websites that they use.